All counselling services are free and confidential.
- Approximately 12 sessions. However, the length of service is always individualized and assessed by you and your counsellor.
- Sessions are approximately 50 minutes long. Exceptions are made based on your assessment.
- Appointments are scheduled Monday- Friday during business hours.
Youth and Dependent Adults Counselling
- The Centre believes in your right to privacy in sessions. Your counsellor may discuss whether your parent(s)/guardian(s) are aware that you are attending counselling sessions and discuss next steps based on your unique situation.
- Children typically engage a variety of age appropriate counselling methods, including but not limited to, body education and awareness, trauma focused therapy, play thereapy, and/or integrative family therapy.
- Individual sessions are approximately 30 minutes, but will vary depending on needs of child.
- Sexual abuse also impacts the family and friends of those who have survived it. After a child discloses, those around them may find themselves in crisis. We will provide support for anyone who has been impacted. Please ask your child’s counsellor at anytime throughout the counselling process.
Our counsellors travel to various towns and communities in the north east region of Alberta to provide free and confidential counselling services. If you or someone you know needs our services please call our office at (780) 815-4456
Upon request, we can provide distance counselling sessions to you via teleconference and/or web-based technologies.